Mini-Clamps

This discussion area is for basic structure building concepts. Not intended for advanced concepts.
*Good Example: Balsa can bend with the addition of boiling water.
*Good Example: Triangle is the strongest shape for most applications of bracing.
*Bad Example: Balsa can hold X pounds under these conditions.
*Bad Example: Use this shape for this application.
Basically I want you to think a design through with the basics instead of someone else thinking through your design for you.
gk

Mini-Clamps

Post by gk »

I've heard a few times that for certain glues such as Gorrila Glue require clamping.

However I can't seem to find the right mini clamps for the job. (All i could find were mini G-clamps, which would dent the soft balsa wood)

Could anyone recommend any clamps that you use for your own structures? Any pictures would be appreciated as well. Thanks.
gk

Post by gk »

Anybody? :|
Kathy

clamps

Post by Kathy »

Think about what clamps do that another tool could do without as much pressure.
Another train of thought would be what can you do so that the pressure of the clamp does not dent the wood?
admin
Site Admin

Clamps

Post by admin »

There are also clamps that have a handle that makes the clamping part go up or down. It requires a few screws to anchor it to a board. You can find them at a hardware store. Usually they have a red handle. I don't know the exact name but I use them in the shop for different custom projects. They work like a hinge and are adjustable for pressure and height.
Jake Zimmer
jake@specializedbalsa.com
Specialized Balsa Wood, LLC
405 8th Street SE Unit #2
Loveland, CO 80537-6491
(970) 461-WOOD (9663) Phone
(970) 461-9662 Fax
http://www.specializedbalsa.com
smileshine

Post by smileshine »

Well, problem seems to be solved. and this seems like a good solution.

Return to “Bridges & Towers”