homeproductsservicesforumcontactuses
Specialized Balsa Wood -- Balsa wood discussion site / fourm for towers, bridges, structures, rc airplanes, carving surf boards, and balsa models.

Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Update
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Specialized Balsa Wood Discussion Site Forum Index -> Post Comments About Discussion Site
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Well, it took a while to get online but it is here finally. Hopefully it is quite spam resistant. I will be giving out $5.00 gift certificates to posters that post 50 or more legitimate postings. They will be for my online store. I would suggest getting a strength tester with it. Experiment with the site and let me know if there is anything that needs improvement.
405 8th Street SE Unit #2
Loveland, CO 80537-6491
(970) 461-WOOD (9663) Phone
(970) 461-9662 Fax
http://www.specializedbalsa.com
soccers56

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: right here... Reply with quote

One minor detail which would be nice is if the subject of the post was just a little larger or more easily noticable. But its only a very minor detail, although it would be nice.
ClarkInMI

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be nice if when you got to either end of the topics if a message would come up saying there are no more new topics, but still keep the previous and next topic navigation buttons available at the top right instead of forcing viewer to return to index page and start over. That way the viewer could back up if they came to the end, or go forward if they have backed up to the beginning.
ClarkInMI

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another thing, I can see where my signature block is getting applied at the bottom of my messages, but how do you embed the graphics in the column to the left of your message as Jake has done with his "broken tower" and somebody else has done with their "tie dyed" graphic?
ClarkInMI

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind, I discovered the Avatar setting in my Profile. Let's here it for blues guitarists!
NYBuilder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My avatar is actually a fractal, though it looks like a tie-dyed image. Its a math produced image with fractional dimensions, between one and two. This site explains them more: http://www.jracademy.com/~jtucek/math/fractals.html
I'll probably rotate fractals throughout the year.
Garrett

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new forum looks very good. The logo is very nice. But I don't quite understand the dog/wolf picture Very Happy
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Bobcat Carving Picture Reply with quote

Garrett,

The picture is from my neighbor who carves things out of basswood. It's an example of how to use basswood. I have a carving out of balsa wood from a customer that I might put on my front page -- haven't decided yet though.
Loveland, CO 80537-6491
(970) 461-9662 Fax
Garrett

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, so it is a carving. I thought it was real. Wow, it is extremely well done.
GmL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this forum as well...i've seen many that follow the same format, but i must say that this is the most attractive one. Also love the really big avatars! Very Happy
UofI

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYBuilder wrote:
My avatar is actually a fractal, though it looks like a tie-dyed image. Its a math produced image with fractional dimensions, between one and two. This site explains them more: http://www.jracademy.com/~jtucek/math/fractals.html
I'll probably rotate fractals throughout the year.

Anyone guess what mine is?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GmL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think one small change that we should have in this forum (if possible) is to have the ability to edit our posts. I have seen forums like this where this is a feature and was surprised to not see it here. This way we could avoid double-posting in a thread to say something. Just a thought.

<edit> Oh my, look at me; just as i was writing this thread i noticed that there is such a button! Sorry.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Post Edit Reply with quote

Edit feature is now disabled. Here's why: I read every post and if someone were to edit the post after I saw it how could I claim to be fully monitoring the site? What if someone posted and I read it and then they edited the post so it had OA on and I did not know about it I would feel bad. I have only had to edit one post so far for content. If you need changes just let me know and I will edit the posting.
Loveland, CO 80537-6491
(970) 461-9662 Fax
NYBuilder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uofl, is it a supernova?
GmL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Post Edit Reply with quote

admin wrote:
Edit feature is now disabled. Here's why: I read every post and if someone were to edit the post after I saw it how could I claim to be fully monitoring the site? What if someone posted and I read it and then they edited the post so it had OA on and I did not know about it I would feel bad. I have only had to edit one post so far for content. If you need changes just let me know and I will edit the posting.

Ok now that makes sense. OA was obviously not a issue on any other forum. So the posts are moderated after they are posted? Wouldn't it be easier to moderate them before they appear on the site? Just another thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Specialized Balsa Wood Discussion Site Forum Index -> Post Comments About Discussion Site All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: