$29 Gram Scales 0.01 Accuracy 100 Gram Limit

What's new at the store! Comment about our products and specials.
admin
Site Admin

$29 Gram Scales 0.01 Accuracy 100 Gram Limit

Post by admin »

I will be listing a gram scale at my store for $29 including ground shipping. It has 0.01 gram accuracy and a 100 gram weight limit. If you want one now just email me at jake@specializedbalsa.com Now it doesn't cost hundreds for a scale to weigh at home!
Jake Zimmer
jake@specializedbalsa.com
Specialized Balsa Wood, LLC
405 8th Street SE Unit #2
Loveland, CO 80537-6491
(970) 461-WOOD (9663) Phone
(970) 461-9662 Fax
http://www.specializedbalsa.com
OMdrummer

Post by OMdrummer »

To whomever it may concern,
My odyssey of the mind team just purchased two of these scales hoping for the best since our supply of scales from the school has diminished because none of the structure coaches are teachers at the school so we have no sources for scales and cant seem to borrow them anymore from our science department so we ordered these but to our surprise upon opening them one never turned on with any battery in it it would not even turn on for us while the other one after pressing the power button and following the directions would not weigh in grams it would simply come up with an error message im not sure if they were defective or maybe something in shippping but we sent them back wondering if anyone else ran into similar problems with the scales or how anyone else liked them and if i should try to order new ones or just beg my school for the use of a scale from a science classroom.

thank you-- dustin
admin
Site Admin

Scales

Post by admin »

I have had 3 malfunctions which aren’t all that many. We always check them before we send them by turning them on and setting the 50 gram weight on them. In shipping if someone drops the package or hits it too hard the scales are very sensitive to the hits and can break the load part of the scale so the scale reads an error. Insurance usually covers the problem and we always reimburse you for sending a scale back. Just make sure to test them before using them. I have personally dropped one scale and my dad dropped a 50 gram weight here rendering them useless so you have to be careful about how you handle them. I know that it is tough when you want to use something and it breaks in shipping but it doesn't happen often.
Jake Zimmer
jake@specializedbalsa.com
Specialized Balsa Wood, LLC
405 8th Street SE Unit #2
Loveland, CO 80537-6491
(970) 461-WOOD (9663) Phone
(970) 461-9662 Fax
http://www.specializedbalsa.com
geraldatwork

Post by geraldatwork »

I purchased one of these scales and am happy with it. It is accurate when compared to a 1/10th scale I have. I needed 1/100th because I needed to accurately weigh small pieces of balsa. Compared to the price of an "industrial" or a scale a high school would pay for it is a bargain. The only negative is it has to be re-calibrated a little more than I would like to. But the included 50 gram weight makes it easy.

Return to “Specials & Updates”