Balsa sheets are at least 1 inch wide and less than 1 inch in thickness. Balsa sheets are sometimes called balsawood sheets, balsa wood panels, balsa wood skins, and balsa single ply. We weigh our balsa sheets so if you need a specific density we should be able to find it for you. Balsa can vary between 3# (foam weight) - 40# (oak weight) for pounds per cubic foot (lbs/cuft) but the most common densities are 8-16 pounds per cubic foot. Balsa sheets are used for rc airplanes, sewing, decorations, laser projects, breakaway props, models, bridges, towers, laminates, ultra light balsa airplanes, surf boards, and for cutting kit parts.
Include information about density in the message box at the end of this page:
- Light Balsa at (6-10 pounds per cubic foot), Medium Balsa at (10-14 pounds per cubic foot), & Heavy Balsa at (14-19 pounds per cubic foot) are all 40% extra.
- Extra Light Balsa at (6 or less pounds per cubic foot) & Extra Heavy Balsa at (19+ pounds per cubic foot) are 100% extra. Please note that Extra Light balsa is sometimes referred to as "Contest Grade" balsa because is used for ultra light airplane contests. It is usually discolored, very hard to find, very brittle, weak, and squishy.
- No preference as to a weight of balsa = no additional charge.
*Grain classification if needed is 100% extra. » balsa grain classifications explained
Discounts may be available for the following items: » view defect pictures
- B-grade balsa which is discolored
- Industrial Grade balsa which may contain pinholes, horizontal or vertical cracks, knots, pith from the center of the tree, or bark.
- We also may have balsa in lengths of 24, 30, 39, 42, 45, 54, 60, 66, 72, and 96 inches balsa lengths available that we will price according to their length.
*Balsa sheets larger than 4 inches in width may be laminated from 2 or more balsa sections. If you need a non-laminated balsa sheet let us know in the message box below: Non laminated sheets 6 inches or larger are 50% extra and are very rare. Standard sheet widths 4 or smaller are approximate and are directly from our supplier. If you need the sheets to be exact size or if you need the edges to be straight indicate that in the message box below for a 20% service fee:
*Discounts may be available for the following items: .B-grade balsa which is discolored is 10% off. .Industrial Grade balsa which may contain pinholes, horizontal or vertical cracks, knots, pith from the center of the tree, or bark is 25% off.